Did you get sick after eating out? Let us know!
South Central Public Health Inspectors make surprise visits to restaraunts, food trucks, and other temporary food vendors at least once a year. These inspections are important to make sure licensed food establishments are following the Idaho Food Code and won't get their customers sick. These inspectors will also make a surprise visit to a restaurant after a complaint from one of their customers.
Food-borne illness can develop anywhere from hours to days after eating food, depending on the pathogen. If you are concerned about health code violations in a restaurant, within south-central Idaho, let us know with an email or contact your local SCPHD office.
Environmental Health Specialists at SCPHD provide the following services to ensure food safety:
- Enforce the state of Idaho Rules Governing Food Safety and Sanitation Standards.
- Permit and inspect all regulated food establishments.
- Review plans for new and remodeled food establishments.
- Investigate complaints and take corrective and/or enforcement actions as necessary.
- Provide consultative and educational services to food establishments.
Click here to see results from local food establishment inspections.
Helpful Links and Handouts